So, you have a boudoir session coming up and you're not quite sure what look you like best. Aside from trusting in your photographer to know that they know exactly what to do and how to make you look your absolute best, you still want to practice some moves in the mirror!
Here's a few tips on how to use your Pinterest boards to collaborate with me and to inspire yourself to step out of your comfort zone!
1. If you're not on Pinterest, get on there now! Seriously, it's pretty awesome and there's almost nothing you can't find on there for inspiration and ideas....for more than just photography!
2. If you're a Pinterest veteran. you probably know all about secret boards and how to use them, but, in case you're not, this is a great tool from Pinterest that will help you create an inspirational board that nobody else can see unless you give them permission. When you sign on to Pinterest, you have the option to create a new board and you can make that board secret by clicking the little button (by the arrow!). You can also add in my email once you are following me on Pinterest so that I can have the ability to see what you are putting on your board. This will come in extremely handy, especially if you have difficulty explaining the style that you like to me; now I can see exactly what you like!
1. By adding me as a collaborator, I will also have the ability to pin images to your board with suggestive ideas for clothing or accessories. Based on your questionnaire I can find ideas that fit and/or stretch your comfort zones.
2. Don't forget about your hair and makeup!! I know when I go to the salon with an idea in my head for a color or style, it's extremely hard for me to explain it to my stylist. When you use your pinterest board, you can search for just the right style and makeup application that you want for your shoot and then your stylist can work with you to get a look similar to that for your own session.
3. Please keep in mind that just because your or I put something on your Pinterest board doesn't mean we will do it OR that we will do it exactly just like the picture. I will not blatantly copy another photographer's work but we can certainly put our own spin on ideas you like.
Never underestimate the power of social media and how it can really be used to communicate with other people aside from family and friends. Step outside your box, find something that speaks to you, that moves you, that inspires you....and go for it!!!
When you're ready to step out from the Pinterest board of dreams, drop me a line.